Thursday, May 2, 2013

My April Favorites!

Hi Everyone!

This post is going to be about my monthly favorite products that are beauty related. Also i have a product that didn't live up to my expectations.

Fist things first, brows! This month i discovered MAC's charcoal brown e/s - it's a matte finish- and i fell in love with it! Before that, i filled my eyebrows every now and then with random e/s but it wasn't something staple to my makeup routine. But know it is! I am going to insert a close picture and a swatch for you to see.



This month i tried for the very first time Nars Laguna bronzer. After 3 or 4 years constantly hearing about it on youtube, i was pursuaded to try it! It was love at first use! I have a very fair complexion and it is just perfect! Let's just leave it there.. Mine came with the Happening Palette which i am going to review soon.




Next there are two more MAC products. MAC's Prep+Prime SPF 50 and MAC's Volcanic Ash Exfoliator. The first one basically it's a sunscreen. It is oil-free,i wouldn't say that it is moisturising but it is doesn't dry out my skin-which very dry to begin with- and it is an amasing base for make up! I am so impressed with this product!! And here it is..


As far as the Exfoliator is concerned i was very pleasantly surprised! I didn't expect to like it. The reason that i wanted to try it is that this is the first best-selling item on best-sellers tab on the UK MAC's website! I don't know if this is the number one best-seller but then again why is this at the top of the list? :P So i went into my local MAC store and i kindly asked for a sample and later on i purchased the full size bottle.. It hasn't irritated my skin and i've used it three weeks for sure.  It is not drying and  i considered it to be a gentle exfoliator but i wouldn't use it more than two times a week.




Next on my list is the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush. This is part of a set- the one with the buffing brush- but it is just a flat foundation brush which i love for concealer!


This month i discovered a dry shampoo that i actually like! In Greece there aren't many to choose from. Dry shampoos just aren't that popular here. The one that caught my attention is the SYOSS one. It is light, it does its job, it smells good and it is budget friendly!


I have one thing that i purchased this  month from feelunique.com that really dissapointed me and that is the Bare Minerals Well rested concealer. Everyone says how brightening this is to your under eye area so i really wanted to try it. I thought maybe this could replace my Benefit powder flage which sadly have been discontinued. But it's not! I find it so thick and not that finely melted. It settles in every single one of my fine lines so badly.. I tried it as a finishing powder as well as a stand alone concealer and the result is the same, cakey  and really not flattering. Here is a picture with a rather heavy swatch..




Lastly, one non-beauty related thing that i love is my Converse!


My little helper at taking pictures!



                                                              ♥

4 comments:

  1. Great post! You got of to try Mac's volcanic ash and syoss' dry shampoo!


    I think your cat looks very mean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ungrateful! At least he loves you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really doubt that!!!

    Btw... You have the most beautiful converse in the world!

    ReplyDelete