Thursday, June 20, 2013

MAC Temperature Rising collection, 2013

Hi Everyone!

I know that the MAC annual summer collection has been out for a few weeks now, but i didn't have the time to right a blogpost- busy with university exams..

Anyway, this year's summer collection it's called Temperature Rising. I picked up two bronzers and the two blushes from the collection.


First of all, i love the packaging, but they charge more for that! It's one of the reasons that i even bothered with this collection,i love that matt brown finish. The other reason is the fact that i wanted to try a pro longwear formula.

Left: Top: Ripe for love (Satin, 6gr)            Right: Top: Nude on board (Pro longwear Bronzing Powder, 12gr)
          Bottom: Hot Nights (Frost, 6gr)                    Bottom: Soft Sand (Bronzing Powder, 10gr)

left: Ripe for love    right: Hot nights

left: Nude on board     Right: Soft Sand

 I included some swatches for you:
Left: Nude on Board    Right: Soft Sand

Left: Hot nights   Right: Ripe for love


As far as the bronzers go, i don't see a major difference between the two formulas- both don't last all day! They both have a slight shimmer, which my boyfriend noticed on my neck! I really didn't enjoy that! Due to this unnecessary shimmer you cannot contour with those products. They both are very hard to blend, i mean they blend harder compared to my Clarins bronzer. The colors didn't impress me either, they don't appear natural on my skintone. To be fair, Nude on board is fine, but i wouldn't pick it over Laguna by Nars f.i. . Soft Sand is very shimmery for a bronzer for my taste and i don't feel comfortable wearing it. I can go on and on about how much those products disappointed me but i will sum up by saying that i regret the money that i spent on them.

As for the two blushes, i really like them! Especially the pink one which i think is just right for darker skintones. It's so pigmented! It adds to the skin the most youthfull color! I'd suggest applying it with a rather small, dense brush like a Mac 109, after tapping most of it off on the back of your hand. When i saw Ripe for love i thought of Coralista by Benefit, in case you were wondering this is how these two compare:


left: Coralista    right: Ripe for love

left: Ripe for love     right: Coralista
They seem similar but definately they are different on the cheeks. The Mac one is more orange and more matt than Coralista.  I wouldn't replace Coralista for any blush!

One other thing that i wanted to include is that when you put a brush in Nude on board and Hot nights, this happens:



Lastly, i have some photos of me wearing the collection.

Soft Sand

Soft Sand and Ripe for love


Nude on board (with a light hand)


Nude on Board and Hot nights


I love this blush! Perfect combination, Hot nights and Mac's Girl about town lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment