Sunday, June 2, 2013

Estee Lauder DayWear BB cream, SPF 35

.Hi Everyone!

I mentioned in a previous post that i was tempted to buy the Estee Lauder Daywear Sheer Tint Release SPF 15. I went to Sephora and i ended up purchasing the BB cream. I hate it when the sales person talks me into a different direction but the truth is that it happens to me a lot! Anyway, she told me that they are basically the same thing,except the higher SPF in the BB cream, same skincare benefits and because the BB cream  in the color 01 Light  was a little better for me, i decided to go with it. I don't find that they are the same. They both don't provide any coverage, they just give color to your skin but the BB cream's texture feels more like a foundation and like most foundations it tends to settle into the fine lines around the mouth, which the other one doesn't.

A small comparison between the aforementioned products:



left: Estee Lauder BB cream in Light (SPF 35)
right: Estee Lauder Daywear Sheer Tint Release (SPF 15)
The packaging looks like this:




Warning, me barefaced..




With the BB cream on



And with some Bourjois Touche healthy mix concealer in 61 under my eyes



In this photo you can actually see that my face looks darker than my neck, so time for some bronzer! I used MAC Nude on board Pro longwear bronzing powder.



Overall, I think that this BB cream isn't the best neither the worst base i've tried. It is very hard to blend and actually works better when applied with fingertips (which i don't enjoy doing). The lasting power is fine and if you put some powder on top, it can last all day. One thing that i really didn't like is that when i don't put a primer underneath, it sits on my pores. For a 48 Euro BB cream for 30 ml, you would think that you wouldn't have this problem, but no.. So i use the MUFE HD primer or the MAC prep+prime SPF 50 with it. 

In fact, i haven't tried any other BB cream. Do you have any recommendations? I like the fact the they are lighter than foundation, especially for summer. I'd just prefer one that i wouldn't have to use it with a primer, why add an extra layer of product? 

Your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment