Thursday, May 16, 2013

New Make Up For Ever Brushes

Hi Everyone!

A few months ago i bought some of the new MUFE brushes from Sephora. I decided to get one for the face and one for the eyes. Here are the two that i got:




Up: 122 Brush - Straight and Wavy
Down: 210 Brush - Wavy


These are expensive brushes, in my opinion, but then again they are MUFE. Firstly, i love the design of them and the fact that they are brown! They are synthetic, extremely soft and the girl that was helping me at Sephora actually told me that for the wooden handles, new trees were planted to replace those being used. I thing this is quite a meaningful touch from a make up company. 

Now, onto the brushes! As i mentioned before, these are SO soft, their handle is very light and they do not shed at all.
The bigger brush, the 122, i purchased for foundation. I love duo-fibre brushes for my liquid foundation so i decided to give this one a go. 



As you can see, the brush hairs are structured like a MAC 188 brush, except this one is all one color. The part that is white at the MAC brush, in the MUFE brush isn't dense at all which makes it not suitable for foundation whatsoever. I was really disappointed but it is a 40 something euro brush so i decided to give it another try, only this time i used it with my setting powder - which is the MAC prep+prime transparent finishing powder, in loose form. You always hear from makeup artists in videos/blogs that you should use a powder puff for your setting powder or use a very light hand with your brush in order not to move the foundation underneath it. Well, i believe that i've found the perfect brush! Its light handle and the sparser hairs really don't give you any room to mess up with the previously applied liquid foundation.

The second brush that i got, is the 210. I purchased it specifically for underneath the eyes to smudge eyeliner or putting on e/s.




 It's amazingly soft! It is just a very nice brush! I had in the past the Sigma equivalent for it but it was terrible. It was so scratchy,i hated it.. Anyway, i bought this and i am very pleased with it! Have you tried any of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment