Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What's in my makeup and toiletries bag for a 3-day trip

Hi everyone!

This weekend was the Orthodox Cristian Easter. So if you celebrated it, Happy Easter! My family and i visited my grandparents for the holiday. At this time of year and also at Christmas we always go there as we are all together- us, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, my cousins... We have a great time! Eating, chatting, eating, fighting, eating, laughing. By the end of the day we are finally full! I really cherish those moments! I love my big familly!

I thought i would share with you what i brought with me in my make up and toiletries bag for three days.

Here are the two bags:



Let's start with the big striped one- my toiletries bag



From left to right:
-Septona cotton pads.
-My Proderm baby wash for 0-12 months in a Sephora travel bottle. I use this to cleanse my face and i have used it for years! It's a little drying but i much prefer this over some Clinique cleansers for instance that leave an awful residue. Also, when i am away i use this for my hair and body as well.
-Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive daily Moisturizer for Face SPF 15. This is one of my all time favorite skincare things. It does wonders for a dry skin and it is a really nice base for your foundation.
-ROC Hydra+ Anti-fatigue Nourishing cream (the rich one). I use this at night time.I had a sample of this cream, i loved, i purchased it and i can tell you that is not as good as the sample! From the very first use this idea got stucked in my mind.. Even the smell i believe it was a little bit different! Nevertheless, i liked it, i used it all up. Even though it is the rich formula, i don't find as rich as i would like it to be. It's not moisturising enough for my extremely dry face, especially in the winter months. I would repurchase this but maybe for summer. Another thing is the smell. This product has a very strong, flowery smell but it didn't irritate my face and bare in mind that i have eczema.
-Clinique skin calming moisture mask  in a little Sephora sample pot. I love this mask so much. It's perfect for me. I don't use it as a mask per se but as a night cream every two to three nights. I am planning on doing a blogpost for it!
-The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream. I believe in eye creams but i have yet to find my favorite one. This, i have used for over two months, i like it, i would repurchase it but it's not a phenomenal product! It is really good, especially for the price but i will keep searching.
-My Sanex deodorant. I DO NOT like this. My all time favorite one is the Sanex with the dark blue cap. In fact i won't wait for this bottle to empty..
-The Body Shop White Musk perfume. I love this as an every day scent. I also have the eau de toilette and the body mist and i wear them literally every day.

Also, in this bag i keep my brushes in a Real Tecniques case


From left to right:
-MAC 188 for foundation
-MAC 217 for e/s
-Sigma E25 for e/s
-MAC 184 for highlighter
-RealTechniques pointed foundation brush for concealer
-MAC 234 for concealer
-MAC 129 s.h. for blush

Now, onto my make up bag!


The clear plastic case is a MAC one from a Christmas collection two years ago. It used to have a stupid silver disc in the middle but i took it off.

Some closer photos of the products:


-Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara in Black
-Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel
-Mini Urban Decay e/s original primer potion
-Anastasia Beverly Hills little dual ended brow brush
-MAC eyelash curlers


-Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation in 51
-Clinique airbrush concealer in 04



-MAC Amplified lipstick in Impassioned
-Estee Lauder Pure Color lipstick in Mandarin Spice

-MAC Eye Kohl in Powersurge
Here are their swatches!

Mac's Powersurge, Mac's Impassioned, Estee Lauder's Mandarin Spice





-Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond

In the following photo, at the left side i swatched the lighter colors and at the right side i swatched all the colors mixed together.



 -Lastly, i put together a MAC palette with the products that i wanted a.k.a. MAC's melba blush, Patina e/s, Charcoal Brown e/s and in the buff e/s from the Naked Eye Palette by Too faced.

Melba blush, Charcoal Brown e/s, Patina e/s, In the Buff e/s
On a different note, as lovely as this trip was, it was very stressful at the same time because of my cat . He gets car sick. Oh my god! This was the second time we trevelled with him. The first time, on our way to my grandparents we could tell that he wasn't feeling well but he made it just fine and on our way back he was perfectly normal!
Now, from the moment we put him into the car- in his cage of course,at the backseat- he started miewing very loud and weird, he peed on himself, he made number 2 and then he started vometing.. We stoped two times to clean him. We found a pharmacy and a lovely lady there suggested to give him vomex in a syrup form, just 3 mg, with a syringe-without the needle of course. He wouldn't take it. The same thing happened on the way home. Im going to ask a vet for a proper medicine next time.. The interesting thing was that the whole time we were away he was very scared, he wasn't eating almost anything but the moment we arrived home it took 10 minutes max for him to feel well again! I am glad he is fine now!

 ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment